Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day four: 'Oh the places you'll go!'

World Coloring-In day is the title for day 4. Followed by:
"Today work out your glob-trotting plans for the rest of your time on earth, and get on the phone to an accredited travel agent. NB the state dept. currently discourages travel to the following countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, Turkmenistan, Zimbabwe, and North Yemen.
Fill in the country by country: (green) been there done that. (blue) Intend to go there within the year. (yellow) Intend to go there sometime before I die. (Red) Happy never to set foot there in my whole life.

Alright this is my colored in world map:

Now I added the color white because I don't care either way, and you'll notice there isn't a scrimp of blue on this map besides the dear old ocean, yep I have no intentions of visiting any country besides my own in the next year, I have just moved from the west coast to the lower south so for this year I will only experience the cultural differences between the west and the east coast. You'd be surprised on how different one end of the country is from the other. 
For example: In CA (California, where I was born) they are very fastidious with public trashcans, there are toilet seat covers in every stall of every public restroom, bike lanes EVERY WHERE, wide enough lanes for your huge hummer cars, and when you order tea it is understood that you will add your own sweetener unless you are getting brisk or nestle tea....this is not so in the south; nope they don't believe in germs on the the toilet seat or they don't believe in gross people sitting on the said toilet seat, not that many people ride bikes here (If you can, look up Davis CA, they are a bike town, I have only visited but they have so many bicyclist there they have parking lots, LOTS mind you! That are dedicated to bicycle parking), and the lanes for cars here are old so everything is more narrow, when I first got here me and my husband were driving home and a trucker was hauling a trailer behind him, it swayed back and forth towards us with large industrial pipes and I swear it would get so close my husband could have reached out and touched it! Though I will admit my husband has incredible long long arms. But anyway back to the countries!!
The page tells you to get in touch with a accredited travel agent and start working out a plan, well I have probably the best accredited travel agent you can get....though there is a catch. 
Because while the Military is probably one of the best way to travel (unless you're inconceivable rich) you don't necessarily get to choose where you're going or for how long you're going to be there all the time lol but it's a way of travel, so for now that is the plan, and hopefully Germany will be one of our first stops. I have a real interest in visiting Europe mostly, I love the architecture and all the art history it has to offer, though I know I'm short changing some countries that I have put in red because I know that many of them have just as much history. A lot of the red countries I have highlighted are either because I don't think the country is particularly friendly or safe to one such as myself (small female) or I don't know much about them and don't have an interest. 
So! Here's where I have a challenge for anyone that does read this, if you know about, love, or live in any of these red high lighted countries and think I am being too harsh in my judgement I would love for you to send me a comment about why I should reconsider, it's a great chance to blare the horn of a country you like and teach a person about something interesting (I love learning about other countries and cultural diversity) so if you like please comment me or message me at my email: Quite_Contrarium_110@hotmail.com. 

Oh and before I sign off I'd like to just give an update on how my life is after my three other tasks, I will say I'm loving my sandwich and I try all sorts of combinations though I haven't gotten my husband to be so adventurous, I'm thinking about trying another sandwich with Shrimp! Though I'm thinking I'll leave the peanut butter out for that one. I'm surviving without my favorite toy though it is very missed, and still fighting the urge to get a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment